I honestly feel like I have learned a lot in my time through the people I have come encountered and the experiences I have found myself in. Here are my pieces of advice or tips I have learned that are worth writing down:
1. I am not worthy of grace, yet he keeps on offering it. The older I get, the more I realize just how big what Jesus did on the cross was and how selfless of a love that is. I promise I prove to God daily that I am undeserving of all the things, yet here I am being loved harder than ever. He does not care about the baggage and there is absolutely nothing I can do to make him love me less or more- now, that is freaking goals.
2. No matter what, take the trip. There have been trips that I have felt the anxiety flow over with leaving or the worry about finances starts sinking in, but every time I go, I feel so free. I realize how big the world is, how much there is to learn, and how much impact I can truly have if I don’t give myself boundaries.
3. If it won’t matter in 5 years, don’t spend more than 5 minutes sulking about it. Read it again if you need to because this was life changing for me.
4. It is a waste of time trying to make people who don’t like you, like you. And on that, how important it is to turn a deaf ear to those who hate you for doing you. You aren’t going to be besties with everyone.
5. Comfortable footwear will make for a better time. Now this doesn’t mean that it can’t be cute because I have some of the most comfortable heals on the planet, but it’s not worth sacrifice your event for something as small as shoes.
6. 99% of people only upload the happy, don’t get stuck comparing and being jealous. You will waste your energy that you could be using elsewhere.
7. Your parents are right, you are who you surround yourself with. I have some of the most smart, talented, hardworking friends and look, I am pushing big things in my life.
8. Children, cats, and dogs are the best things on the earth. Whatever we did to deserve their happiness, genuine love, and gentleness, I am forever grateful.
9. Don’t be a free loader with your friends businesses. You are showing them their worth by paying, I promise it’s worth it.
10. Leaders are readers. A good leader is constantly educating themselves on how to be better.
11. Dig into whatever breaks your heart. Whether that is work or volunteering, your passion in that will impact so big.
12. Your wellness is so important, both physical and mental. Be kind to yourself through exercise, what you eat, your thoughts, etc.
13. God wired you in a specific way. It’s ok to not be good at things, that’s what your network is for.
14. Hard work pays off every time. End of conversation. Work hard towards your dreams and goals. You are not entitled to anything.
15. In romantic relationships, demand the best. You are worth it and you will get what you demand. Never ever feel bad for having high standards. No matter how far you live, how much money you have, or what you do, your partner will always show you what you mean to them…. believe them. If they aren’t making the effort to show you that you mean the most to them, find someone who will.
16. The biggest things come from taking risks. Whether it’s great results or even just a learning moment, it’s so worth it.
17. Every person is fighting their own battles and if we were open and honest about those, we could probably relate on a deeper lever. Be kind, always.
18. If someone is constantly steeling your energy, it’s ok to step away kindly.
19. You are more than one event or mistake. It’s ok to admit you are wrong and to grow from it. Apologizing can be super power if you really mean it.
20. You don’t have to agree with everything someone says to be nice to them. It’s ok to disagree and still respect people, I promise.
21. Always make time to spot by the elderly. You never know when the last time you will see them will be!
22. You don’t have to talk to someone everyday to be a true friend. My friends are out there making moves, but I know that when we do get to talk it will be extraordinarily filled with love and grace like we didn’t skip a beat.
23. It’s ok for your dreams or passions to change as you change and grow.
24. Just because you assume something, doesn’t mean it’s right. Always try everything once. Eat the food, go to a new city, date the boy.
25. Empowered women, empower others. It’s true what they say, you can fix another woman’s crown without telling the world it was crooked.
26. Conflict resolution doesn’t have to be bad. Honestly, some of the biggest break though can come through approaching conflict respectfully.
27. Nobody cares if you can’t dance or what you’re wearing or who you’re with. Wear the Tupac shirt, dance in the middle of the store if your jam comes on, and be with those who you truly care about.
28. Never go on a road trip without a good playlist and a over abundance of gas station snacks. The times in the car will be just as fun as those at the destination.
29. Always over celebrate people and accomplishments. It makes for good stories and a blessed life.